Vegetarian but not vegan.
- 4 king oyster mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (15mL)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese (225g)
- 1 1-oz package Ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and optionally more for topping (200g)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce (120g)
- Shred Mushrooms: Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Using two forks, shred the stems and caps roughly into pieces. Set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake Mushrooms: Drizzle with oil and 1 tsp of the garlic powder. Toss around to evenly coat the mushrooms, then bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are a bit crispy and brown on the edges.
- Bake Everything: Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C). In a medium bowl, combine cooked mushrooms with all remaining ingredients. Transfer to a small casserole dish (optionally topping with more cheddar cheese) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.